Monday, December 28, 2009

We're Home!

Hello friends!

We are now back in our wonderful home. We've been gone since Thursday afternoon, however, it feels like we've been gone since Tuesday afternoon.

As soon as I got home Tuesday afternoon, I made dinner and Nick's mom, step-dad, sister, and grandma came over to have Christmas. I made my Grandpa Dennis' famous soup and they all loved it. I'll post the recipe soon. We then opened gifts, played the piano, and watched "Elf". It was so fun.

Wednesday morning, I woke up, put a ham in the oven and my mom, step-dad, sister, and her boyfriend came over for Christmas. We played Guitar Hero, went to the highschool and shot baskets (well, the boys shot baskets...mom, sister, and I cheered), came back ate a wonderful dinner, opened presents, and watched "Christmas in Connecticut". We stayed up late, slept in, and then they headed home. Another great time was had by all.

Thursday, we got ready and headed out to eat with Nick's dad and his girlfriend, Nick's sister and her boyfriend, went to Nick's dad's house to open presents, then headed to Nick's dad's childhood home (now lived in by his cousin), ate dinner with all his siblings and their children, played Dirty Santa and dominoes, and realized all 17 of us were going to have to stay the night there:) It was a blast, but crazy to figure out where we were all going to sleep!

Friday morning, Nick and I headed to Pryor, my step-dad's son headed to Claremore to bring his sisters home, and my sister and her boyfriend headed to Texas. Boy, did plans change! My sister called and said she and her boyfriend got in a wreck. They totalled her car and had to stay the night in Eufaula, OK. They weren't hurt, praise the Lord, but didn't get to see his family on Christmas or ours:( My step-brother got stuck in Claremore with his sisters, so they weren't home on Christmas either. It was a crazy Friday!!

Saturday, Nick and my step-dad travelled the 3 hours to Eufaula to pick up my sister and her boyfriend and my step-brother came back home. Sunday, my step-sisters came over and finally had Christmas with us and then everyone departed ways on Sunday night.

I have pictures to post, but I'm not going to do that until tomorrow. Just wanted to say we're finally home, safe and sound. My sister and her boyfriend finally flew to Texas today to be with his family, and the Christmas season is over:(

I'm sad it's over, but the reason for the season is NEVER over!

He lives! He lives! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Geez, what a crazy few days for your family!! Glad everyone is safe and sound.