Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mommy's Little Firecracker

I've heard so many bad stories about the 4th of July making infants cry and go crazy, and I was a little nervous when this holiday rolled around.

The first night I heard fireworks going off at 11p, I started to freak out. Lucas is a great sleeper, but I didn't want anything to jeopardize that. I slowly, quietly creeped into his room to check on him and I heard a boom go off that sounded like it was right outside his window...he just laid there. He didn't even stir! I thought, this might be okay. I might still have to worry about him actually watching a fireworks show, but at least I know they won't wake him up!

Well, Sunday night Nick tried a few. It wasn't quite dark yet and he was sleepy and about to go to bed, but we let Lucas see some. We just wanted to give him a taste. (Pardon my swimsuit cover, we'd been in the pool all day!)



He didn't have much emotion. He definitely noticed that they sparkled and that some of them made a little noise, but we couldn't tell if he liked them or not. Even with the show Daddy was putting on:)





However, when we went to the Pryor football field and watched them, he couldn't keep his eyes off! He normally goes to bed at 8p, but they didn't start until 9:30p, so we definitely took a risk letting him stay out there. (Come on, this only comes around once a year!) But it was so worth it! He loved it:)





He sat so still and even with the other kids crying around us, he didn't make a peep! Just stared...it was so cute and we were so proud:)



They were really pretty!! And to top it all off, we got to see Uncle Cal and Aunt Cassie:) He didn't get to sleep until 10p that night, but we had such a great time!





This definitely calmed my fears of the 4th and I'm happy to say, my son is a fan!!!

No comments: