Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Promise of a Future

A dear friend of mine used this quote in her blog a few days ago when she was speaking of a friend of hers. I loved it and all the possibilities it brought to my mind.

Nick and I have some friends that we just really started hanging out with this summer and it has blossomed tremendously! They have two kids already, with another on the way, so they are extremely busy and it always makes things chaotic, but they definitely give us "the promise of a future".

The way we connect with them is something I haven't experienced in a long time. We have shed tears together and many moments of laughter, and living in a town where you don't know many people and your husband's friends have all moved away, this is rare and special.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

That's awesome, Audie! I am so happy you have found friends there. I hope it continues to blossom!

Erin said...

Audra, I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you guys are finding some good people there. It is hard to move to a new town and just sort of find friends after having them all around in big numbers at college. Happy for you, and I'm excited to keep up with you and Nick on the blog world! ;) Love ya!

Cari said...

There's just nothing like it, huh? I'm so happy for you and Nick.