Sunday, August 29, 2010

1st Week of School

My first full week of school is over and it was anything but normal. The second day of school, as most of you know because of my facebook, a 4th grader died on the playground. It was as awful as you can imagine. It was sad, scary and so out of the ordinary, it was hard to know what to do. The third day of school, on Friday the 20th, we had a huge faculty meeting where everyone cried and prayed and figured out how to talk to kids. Maybe you missed that, the entire faculty prayed together! It was amazing. Never have I been a part of a place that would pray all together like that. It was so comforting. We all united and felt all the prayers of everyone around us those next few days. The funeral was last Wednesday, so hopefully things will return to a little bit of normal now. As normal as can be, anyway.

Also, last week I started my final college class. To get my alternative certification to teach, I had to take 12 hours of college classes. Classes I would've taken if I would have been an education major. So, I'm taking Child Development this semester and I know I'm going to love it. It will make things a little crazy, but that's alright.

I also finally broke down and bought maternity pants. Well, I had no other choice. All my other pants didn't fit. I just bought the basics: khakis, black, gray, and two pair of jeans. That should hold me over for awhile. I'm excited about them and they are pretty comfortable.

In all this craziness, the most amazing thing started happening this week....I'm feeling the baby move;) It's wonderful. It's hard to describe what that feels like, but I love it and I want it to happen all the time. It is still amazing to me that something is actually in there and that something will have a name this Thursday. We finally get to have an ultrasound and we finally get to find out what it is. I'm so ready for this baby to have a name and an identity. What wonderful things that will start happening after Thursday! The two I'm most excited about right now are buying baby clothes and getting the nursery ready.

Please continue to pray for this nervous pregnant woman, though. Pray that the ultrasound goes well and that everything is healthy and wonderful with this miracle in my tummy:)

I can't wait to shout to the rooftops what we're having and it's name, but for now, I'll leave you with my two latest belly pictures.

Week 17...a sweet potato
*I'm usually dressed up cute and nice for these belly pictures, but that's not real life. This picture was taken on a Sunday and this is what I look like on a Sunday after church. I come home and get in my comfies and take a good long nap:)
**Also, when I cut open this "sweet potato", it was really a regular potato. I was so upset. I went to the store a few days later and looked at the bin where I found this "sweet potato" and it was the right bin. It was just the one regular potato in the bin of sweet potatoes. Oh well. But, that's why it looks a little bigger than the mango:)



Week 18...a mango

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Audra. My heartaches for you school right now.
You look fantastic my friend!!
LOVE YOU!