Friday, February 25, 2011

An Increased Sense of Awareness

Lucas is now 6 weeks old. Wow! I can't believe how fast it's already gone, but then again, it seems he'll be in this stage forever!

I'm anxiously awaiting the time where he can hold his head up, but for now I'll settle for his smile:)

And oh, what a smile it is! He has just this week become more aware of Nick and I and his surroundings. He doesn't want to be held in a cradle position anymore, he wants to face out so he can take it all in. Can you imagine what it would be like to see the world for the first time? I wish I could be in that position again; to breathe it all in and be in constant awe of God's creation would be amazing.

He is starting to notice Nick and I for the first time which makes me a little nervous. We are his parents, whether he likes it or not:) We are going to be the ones he looks to for guidance and love for the rest of his life. I hope he likes what he's starting to see!

To make him smile, we make silly noises and vibrate his diaper rag or our lips on his. He loves it!

See??


Is that not the most amazingly beautiful smile you've ever seen?

P.S. This picture was taken from my phone, so sorry for the quality. It's hard to capture this smile because it doesn't last a long time, so my camera takes too long to process.

Also, we are experiencing our first case of "sickness". If you can even call it that. His eye is very watery and gooey. The pediatrician told me to keep it clean with a warm washcloth and watch it over the weekend. If it's not clear by Monday, he'll have to call in some drops:( Poor thing! Something so minor and I still hate it for him.

What can I say? My cup runneth over.

No comments: