Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Long Overdue

I can't believe how these past few months have just flown by!  So many exciting things have happened are happening right now, so I'm going to do a quick update via bullets.  I'll post pics and more detailed posts throughout this summer:)

* At the beginning of February, we got an offer on our house in Miami.  It wasn't near what we wanted; in fact, it was far below what we owed on it.  But we couldn't pass up the offer, so with help from some family, we paid the difference and sold our house!

* On Valentine's Day, we made an offer on a house in Broken Arrow and the next day they accepted!
We closed on our house in Miami on March 19 and closed on our Broken Arrow house on March 31!  It was nuts.

*As soon as we closed on our BA house, we got the keys and started painting!  The former owners were not very good painters.  The way they touched up, you could see every little stroke.  It was almost like the paint was a different finish!  They had paint all over the trim and even on the ceiling and floors. So, with the help of our parents, we got the whole house painted, including the trim!  Some we kept the same color and some we changed.

*We officially moved in April 9th!  It was a busy, stressful day.  But again, lots of family and friends to help us:)  We couldn't have been more appreciative!

*We then started having baby showers.  We had three total...a family one, a school one, and a church one!  Everyone was so sweet and we got so many wonderful things for Molly!  We are so blessed and loved.

*We hosted Easter at our home with our families and then started working on the nursery!  We had lots of ideas and pictures from Pinterest, but I couldn't have been happier about the way it all came together!  The colors changed a little, but for the better!  The wallpaper is amazing, the dresser and the crib were sanded and painted and look wonderful and girly, and all the little accessories and final touches are just perfect!  I can't wait to bring her home to it;)

*I had diabetes again this pregnancy, but since I've gone through that once before, it was a piece of cake;)  Except, no cake!  Ha:)  I actually was doing so well on my sugars, she only made me check them 3 days a week instead of 7!  I also got arthritis during this pregnancy.  My fingers are constantly numb and my wrists hurt a lot.  I wear braces on both arms to sleep in, which is no fun, but I've gotten somewhat used to it.  Then this past week and a half, I came down with PUPPP.  It's a rash that starts on your belly and spreads to your arms and legs.  It's extremely itchy and very uncomfortable!  All of these things should go away within the week after delivery, so she'll be all worth it!

*I finished school on Friday, May 23rd.  I had the most incredible year and I will miss all my kids so much!  On the other hand, I was ready to be done so I could take this last long weekend to prepare for this new addition.

*I'm being induced tomorrow morning at 4am!  My doctor induces all her diabetes patients at 39 weeks and I'm very ready to meet her!  Lucas came on his own at 38 weeks, so it's very weird being induced.  I'm very nervous, but so excited!  I just pray for a healthy, quick delivery with no complications!  I can't wait to meet her and bring her home;)  I'm very ready to be a family of four!!



No comments: