Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Nursery

In an attempt to catch up and keep up with everything that's happened in the past few months, and especially in the past few weeks...I will be doing a lot of posting in the next few days:)

Life is going great with Molly Ann and I'll be sharing her birth story and all too soon her 1 month letter in the coming days, but I thought I'd start off with her nursery!

As most of you know, we moved into our new home on April 9th!  There was a lot of work to be done before we could even begin to think about the nursery.  We painted every room of the house (including the trim) in those first few weeks and got most of the house ready and organized by Easter Sunday, April 20th!  It was busy and crazy and tiring!  I knew Molly would be sleeping in our room those first few weeks anyway, so the rest of the house was my priority.  I wanted to get it done, but I knew we had a little more time.

There were several Pinterest rooms that were my inspirations.  I wanted mint, pale pink and hints of gold:)  I also wanted wallpaper on the crib wall.

Here are a few of them...





We used Lucas' old crib and we bought a dresser at an antique store and we sanded them and painted them white:)  It was a time consuming task; especially the crib.  Thanks to Nick for his hard work:)

Here's what they looked like before:

The crib with Lucas' bedding


And the dresser at the antique store


Mom also bought this and we used it as the "pink" color of the room.


We just couldn't figure out what we wanted to do with the bedding.  I didn't know if I wanted a bumper or what kind of sheet I wanted or dust ruffle or anything.  And then my mom found this at Pottery Barn and it was perfect.  




The colors wouldn't be "mint" anymore, but I loved this color of green!  I knew it would be perfect.  

It took awhile for me to pick the right color of green, but I finally settled on Apple Slice!

So the real work on the nursery could begin:)  The original color of the walls was this crazy bright blue!  I was ready to get it covered up!

And these were the beginnings of her three showers!  We are so loved:)





Then my wonderful Aunt Terri came and did the wallpaper and we could finally put the bed together!


I also got a wonderful ribbon/fabric mobile from a friend that was part of the decoration at my school shower and the colors were perfect!  This part of the room was done!



We got some wonderful cubbies from Nick's dad and step-mom and we filled them with some of Lucas' baby books, some stuffed animals that were mine (and some that were given to us) and other very special gifts!


And then the gorgeous dresser!  We bought the mirror off Craigslist and it was just the right fit!  We also used a lot of gold spray paint in the room.  We used it on the original pulls for the bottom drawers and it was just the look I wanted!


We bought the curtains at Target and I found an M at Hobby Lobby that we spray painted and hung in that beautiful pink frame.  I also bought the prints off Etsy for $5 a piece and printed them off myself.  We also found the chair sitting in a friend's garage when we took them dinner after they had their baby!  I asked if they wanted to sell it to me and they did for $30!



The final touch was a beautiful quilt my great-grandma Blanche made for me when I was little.  I have it hanging over the edge of the crib and she loves to lay on it!  


The room was complete!  And we actually got it done a few weeks before she came!  We couldn't believe it.  It was exactly what I wanted.  A perfect mix of all my Pinterest favorites, but with our own special touches and it was made just for her!  She loves it and it is just perfect.  We couldn't be any happier:)  

We so appreciate everyone who helped with the details and the furniture!  We have the best people!


2 comments:

mommaren said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the colors. We have the cubies, too. White for the girls and black for the boys. Nathan screwed two of the black ones together to make one tall unit, more like the Ikea ones. The last baby here to have a nursery was Noah. Lilah has nothing of her own as she has been in our room from the beginning. Onto a bigger house!

One of Nettie's Girls said...

It. Is. Beautiful. Definitely fit for Princess Molly! You did a great job...all the colors are gorgeous and the little special touches.