Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Fourth

The 4th of July will always hold a special place in my heart.  I spent my growing-up years at my friend Whitney's house for the 4th and going to the lake to watch a show:)  I have so many memories and I will forever cherish them.  Since I began having children, fireworks are so much more fun!  The way Lucas' eyes light up when he sees fireworks is just amazing and I can't put it into words.  Molly was a little young this year, but she was a blast to dress up:)

We headed to Miami (for the first time with both kids) for the weekend.  Lucas thought it was so funny that Jovie was riding in between Molly and him.


We got there Thursday afternoon and spent the evening with Nick's mom.  Molly and I hung out and I painted her toenails for the first time:)  So fun...red!!!



We had a delicious American dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, green beans and deviled eggs!  Oh and homemade ice-cream and chocolate chip cookies for dessert!  And sadly, I have no pictures:(

After dinner on the patio, we spent time outside watching Lucas play, lounging on a blanket and just spending time with each other.  Oh and I think he threw about 200 poppers:)

Once the sun began to go down, Lucas and Nick started doing smoke bombs and Lucas even lit a few himself:)  Notice please how he and Nick are squatting the exact same way!



They even lit a few fountains!!




It was so cool that evening, we built a fire in their fire pit and roasted marshmallows:)  They were delicious and then we sat around the fire and chatted!



After a yummy breakfast the next morning, we headed to Nick's dad's house for the day:)


We ate a delicious lunch outside and lounged around the pool for the rest of the day:)  Uncle Cal, Aunt Cassie and Boston came for the day, along with Uncle Bo and Aunt Megan, and our friends Matt, Julianna and their daughters Camilla and Tayah:)






Lucas absolutely loved being in the pool!!  He's getting so brave!!!


We spent the evening eating more good food, shooting off fireworks and catching fireflies!  You can even see Lucas' firefly box around his neck:)  Everyone had so much fun:)






We had a great time with our families and hope we are building the same memories for our children that we have!!!

No comments: