Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Apple of My Pie

Happy New Year friends!

Notice the above picture...this is me, my husband, my sister, and her boyfriend when we had Christmas at my house. We all got fleece pajama pants for Christmas. The boys are wearing their favorite teams, my sister and I are wearing "New Moon" t-shirts. For my gift, she created a box of fun. It was filled with all sorts of things and this shirt was one of them. She bought herself a t-shirt also, so we could wear them on Christmas:) Mine is "Team Edward". Hers is "Team Jacob". She's silly, but so much fun:)

Anyway, back to the subject of my post. I made a pie over the holidays. Actually, I made two of them. I got a new pie plate from my father-in-law's girlfriend. I love it and I really wanted to make an apple pie, so I did. I made one last Wednesday for a family dinner with my mother-in-law's cousins. I then made another one Thursday for New Year's at my parents house. I took pictures along the way because it was just so much fun to make.

Here are all the apples


Here is the pie crust


Here are the apples with all their yummy seasonings warming in the pan


Here are the seasoned apples in the pie crust


Next, the best part...the crumbles on top


Here's a better view of my new pie plate


And the finished product!


The first slice


It was so good. I was very excited about the way it turned out. Both pies I made were eaten all up:)

I will definitely make more of these pies this new year. I am so excited what this year will bring:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love making pies! I made pies all the time when I was pregnant with Olivia. Guess I was craving pies a lot. I dunno! Anyways..yours looks delicious!

Amber said...

And, you didn't share your recipe. Shame on you! :) It looks delicious Audra! Great pie plate too, i love that it's nice and deep!

Erin said...

Yum, you can send some of that my way if you'd like! ;)