Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer: Week 1

Our first week of summer (since school is out, it's "summer") has come and gone and our second one is halfway through.  Since it's been so long since I've posted, I figured I'd do a review.

I think I'll continue this throughout the summer, capturing little moments throughout the week.  Hey, I'm a stay-at-home mom for the time being and I'm going to enjoy every second and not blog very often.  Not like I do that anyway;)

On Saturday, we started the summer with a bang, literally.  Lucas taught himself to spin, but got dizzy and fell on the kitchen floor:(  So sad.  Thought we were going to have our first black eye, but thanks to a bag of frozen peas, it didn't even leave a mark!


 We then headed to Joplin to buy this little guy a pool!  We ate at Cracker Barrel and after he sat in the giant chair like a champ, he sat in a tiny one just his size and fell when he was getting out.  So, two bumps in one day!  This one did leave a bruise on the middle of his forehead:(


 We spent the rest of the day at home in the pool!  He absolutely loved it!



Monday morning started with coffee, flowers and the Bible for me.  As soon as I started reading, I heard this little man talking in his crib.  He is so happy in the mornings.  It's amazing!


We spent the afternoon at a park behind our house (which we'd only been to once before with Lucas)! He just loves being outside:)



Tuesday, we met Mimi, Poppy, Uncle Callen, and Aunt Cassie in Tulsa for Mimi's birthday dinner.  We had a great time walking around Utica Square.  Mimi gave Lucas lots of pennies to throw in the fountain. Then, we took some pictures.  Didn't get any of Poppy, Uncle Callen or Aunt Cassie:(




Wednesday after church choir practice, we ate snow cones!  This was Lucas' first experience and he was definitely pleased.  Nothing says summer like a snow cone in the evening! He and I shared Strawberry Banana:)


Several days this week he's practically fallen asleep in his high chair during lunch.  We've just been playing so hard in the mornings!  It's just the saddest thing ever, but I can't help but laugh at him:)


The week ended with us getting a new TV cabinet.  I need to post pictures of my living room remodel.  A few months ago, I posted that I was tired of my "matchy matchy" furniture, so I've been making my way toward more antiques and everything looking like it has a story.  Well, the last piece of the puzzle was the TV cabinet.  We are eventually going to get a wall mount for our TV, but for now we are loving this!  The color, the height and definitely the storage!


It was a great start to what's looking to be a fantastic summer!

3 comments:

Cari said...

I can't get over how big he's getting!! And, goodness, what a doll he is!! Hey, do you still mark up your choir books? ;)

Erin said...

Yay for summer! How sweet that he falls asleep in his chair--so pitiful but so funny!! ;)

Mrs. Maxson said...

Yes, Cari! I do:) I write all over it! I don't draw stars anymore, though I'm much better at them now:)

I know, Erin. It is pitiful and definitely yay for summer!