Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My First OB

So, tomorrow is the big day...my first OB appointment!

I went to my gynecologist the day after I took my first positive pregnancy test and did a blood test just to confirm this whole crazy thing, but tomorrow is the big day!

I am a nervous wreck, but I am excited beyond words! I will hear a heartbeat and not my own! A new tiny heartbeat coming from my body! The tiny heartbeat that means that my husband and I (along with the Lord, of course) created a baby! An amazing baby. A tiny heartbeat that means all this is real!

I have a million questions for my OB, but I want help from all you mom's out there. Were there any questions you wish someone would've told you to ask at your OB appointments? I feel I know nothing about having a baby or being pregnant, which technically I don't. However, I have been around pregnant women before and a million moms, but when you are faced with the actual job, you all the sudden feel clueless.

So, help me out! Give me some questions I should ask my OB when I see him tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!! I just stumbled onto your blog, but I think we actually went to OBU together!!! I am 29 weeks pregnant, and you're right, everything changes when you're the one with the baby in your tummy!!!!

I'm trying to think of good questions to ask, but they pretty much inform you of most of what you need to know! I asked about what to eat and what not to eat, because I love eating :), and that was helpful. There are specific things to stay away from.

Also be sure to get on a good prenatal vitamin. I ended up going with the free one through my pharmacy, which they offer! :D

Since you are a teacher, as am I, you could ask about any restrictions that you might have...although now that it's summer, it probably won't apply!

Congratulations, and enjoy!!!! It's such a fun time! :D