Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent Calendars

Yesterday was December 1, so we started our little Advent calendar at home with Lucas and I started one at school with my kids. Since Lucas is too little to understand and I can't go into great detail about the Nativity story in my classroom, we are just doing fun things:)

At home with Lucas, this is our Advent calendar. As he gets older, we'll transition into a more "spiritual" understanding of Advent, but for now just fun things are behind each door!



This year, it's bells:) I stole this from Katie! I think she did this a few years ago with her son!

Here is Lucas and I with the house:)



I'm reaching in to get the bell



He's holding it



And now it's strung on the piano! He loves to swing it and jingle it:) It'll be so fun when they're all up! We'll put today's up this evening:) Mornings are too rushed!





In my class, we have a Santa Advent. I stole the idea from Pinterest. My kids are loving it!

Here's the whole thing



The close-up of the poem



The close-up of Santa with 2 cotton balls on:)



It's been fun so far, and we're only two days in! Can't wait to see what the rest of the month holds!!

Have a great weekend everyone:)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I was just thinking that I needed something to put behind each door of our advent calendar that E would find amusing, so I just may copy you and Katie! Fun!

Mrs. Maxson said...

Yeah, he's loving it!!!