Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Is it only the beginning?

My son has been visiting Locust Grove Free Will Baptist Church since he was 2 weeks old! He's been going to the nursery there and at our home church since he was 5 weeks old! He's always been a content baby and he was always very happy and very easy in the nursery.

So, two weeks ago when we were at LGFWB, he had to go to the 1-year old class. Our home church doesn't change nurseries until 2 yrs, I don't think. Anyway, he had never seen these people before, but that usually doesn't matter. Well, it did this time! He turned around and looked at me, his bottom lip stuck out, and he immediately started crying! Which, in turn, made me cry too! It was the most pitiful thing in the world. I picked him up, gave him some juice and his soothie, found a toy in there like one he had at home, left and he was fine. They said he never cried again!

It happened again on Friday. I had to take the day off because my daycare lady's grandpa died, but I had a meeting to go to at school. So, I brought Lucas with me and was going to leave him in the office with our secretary during my meeting. He did the same thing! So, I did the same thing...well, I didn't cry this time! I gave him something to eat, gave him his soothie, found a toy and left. He was fine, never cried again, and went to several different teachers during that time and snuggled and smiled at each one:)

Then, it happened at our own church! He sees these children all the time, but the nursery workers were new and different. We went through the same routine and of course, he was fine for the rest of the time.

I said all that to say this...am I crazy that I love this? Don't get me wrong, I don't want him crying and scared that I'll never come back, but it's wonderful to feel that he needs me and loves me and wants me around him! It's an amazing feeling. He's always liked to have me close and I'm the one that can soothe and snuggle the very best, but now he really needs me! He gets sad when we're apart. It's so sweet! I'm sure this "separation anxiety" phase is just beginning and it'll get worse before it gets better and I'll regret saying that I kind of like it, but right now...right now that he can be easily soothed and forget about it, it's just the sweetest thing!

Am I the only one that feels this way? Am I terrible for thinking it's kind of sweet? How do you deal with separation anxiety? Have I not even really seen the brunt of it?

Help me:)

No comments: