Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Love

Since having Lucas and spending extra money on food, diapers, wipes, daycare, cups, etc., Nick and I have cut down our spending on each other during Christmas, birthdays, Valentine's, anniversaries...

We had a budget for Christmas and man, I stuck to it. Not because I don't think my wonderful husband deserves golfing experience at Southern Hills or a brand new golf bag, but because I'm the spender and he gets worried about finances, so I wanted to be good...for him!

Well, he didn't stick to the budget! That crazy man! He went above and beyond to get me the one thing that I really wanted without me having to ask him! This year, that want was a Kindle Fire!



I shed a few tears when I opened that box because he totally nailed it and saved some of his spending money every month to spend on me! How sweet is he?!

Well, I absolutely love it! I love that I can have all my books, magazines and games in one place. I love that I can read in the car, even in the dark! I love how when we go places, I can stick it in my purse and don't have to worry about losing my bookmark or a page tearing or bending. I love that when we go on vacation, I don't have to worry about packing all those extra things! It's truly wonderful and I recommend everyone look into it:) Especially if you're a reader like I am!

This post isn't just about how I love the Kindle Fire, but how much I love my husband!!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

That's so precious. :)

one of nettie's girls said...

Great surprise! I love that he did that for you.