Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter!!

We had a wonderful Easter yesterday. An amazing church service, a yummy dinner, and a fun little man that made it just perfect!

Easter pictures at church. So hard to get him to look at the camera and smile when all he wants to do is walk up and down the stairs


And a cute one of the two of us;)


All his Easter basket stuff on display


And the first thing he goes for...the basket!


Showing Mommy the eggs


Jovie really wants to eat what's inside


Lucas does too:) Golfish!


I hosted Easter lunch for the first time! It was a huge success:)

Thanks to Pinterest, I added a few personal touches!

Here's the table all ready to go


Carrots! Napkin/utensils:)


I also made goody bags full of bunny bait (popcorn covered in white chocolate, then m&ms and pretzel sticks mixed in) for everyone to take home!


I also made cookies and a cheesecake (that I forgot to get a picture of)


Then I made ham (a Christmas gift from Wyandotte Public Schools), twice-baked potato casserole, and green bean casserole






My mother-in-law made deviled eggs and strawberry salad




My mommy made baked beans and my step-dad baked a chocolate pie, but I didn't get pictures of those either:(

We had a lot of food and it was delicious!

We then headed out for some egg-hunting! He did great:) He carried his basket, I pointed to an egg, he came over and grabbed it, then put it in the basket:) So cute! However, our yard is fairly uneven and has a little bit of an incline, so he would fall sometimes and his eggs would spill out all over the place:) So frustrating for the little man, but a good laugh for all of us:)

Sorry, these pictures are so bright! Should've told Mimi to put it on the daytime setting






Then, he got his final present...a bubble mower! He doesn't quite push it fast enough so the bubbles will come out, but he loves the noise:)



All in all, a great day! Celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and enjoying quality time with my family. Made this mommy very happy:)

No comments: