Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Halls are Decked

Everything is done! I'm all decorated and geared up for Christmas! I decorated really early this year because we were gone the whole weekend on Thanksgiving. I wanted to have it done and not have to worry about it when we got home!

Welcome to my home! Here are the first things you'll see when you step onto my porch. A cute rug and a snowman made out of grapevine wreaths. Don't ya just love Pinterest?





When you first walk in you'll see the mantle. I went really simple this year. Some garland, a wintery picture, some Mercury glass, a burlap bow, and our stockings:)



Here's a close-up of the stockings



And here's one of the bow



Here's the piano. Some raindeer, a cute frame (which will have a picture of Lucas in it very soon!) and a glass bowl full of ornaments and pinecones



Here's a close-up of the frame and bowl



One of the end tables has this Santa (along with a picture of my beautiful Grandma Marguerite that stays up all year long)



The other end table has this Santa picture and a little "Joy" block



And here's the tree!



It has burlap ribbon wrapped around, grapevine garland, some clusters of brown, shiny ornaments, and some glittery snowflakes! I just love it:) So simple and I want to keep it up all year long! Don't tell anyone? ;)

Here's a close-up of the top (a burlap bow)



And a close-up of the grapevine garland and a snowflake



And with the lights:)



If you walk into my kitchen, you'll see this buffet. It has my WillowTree nativity (I'm getting the wisemen for Christmas), an Advent calendar (filled with bells for Lucas to string on the piano bench), and a beautiful arrangement that was used for my sister Cassie's wedding!



And a close-up



If you take a left into my dining room, the table is set with cardinals. I had these plates last year, but I got the table runner, the Christmas tree and the reindeer this year!



And from a different angle



Well, that is the extent of my Christmas decor, except Lucas' tree which you've already seen! I absolutely love the simplicity of it and the neutral colors:) All the ornaments are shatter-proof and wired on the tree or hung by a string, so it won't hurt anything if Lucas pulls on them!!

Absolutely love this time of year and all it brings!!!

Hope you enjoyed! Can't wait to see all of yours:)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Looks great! And that pic of your grandmother looks so much like Maradee!

Whitney said...

It all looks so beautiful, Audie! LOVE IT!

Mrs. Maxson said...

Thanks!!! Oh, I know Erin! It's crazy:)

LauniStokes said...

It's all beautiful!! I love Christmas!