Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lord, I Was Born a Ramblin' Man (Part 2)

- I bought my Christmas stuff this weekend. Ever since we've lived in this house, I've used brown and turquoise and peacock feathers. This year I opted for something different. Something simple. Can't wait to show ya!
- I got Lucas' stocking in the mail yesterday! It's so cute:) I have so many ideas for Christmas activities for him:) Can't wait for him to experience it!
- When it's Christmas, he will be 11 1/2 months old! Can you believe that? Almost a year???? Last year, I was swollen, miserable, starving (because of the gestation diabetes), and preparing for Cassie's wedding and the birth of my first child! Can't believe what all has happened in a year?!
- My patience is definitely dwindling today:( Two days being indoor because of the rain have made my students crazy and made me crazy right along with them! Hope we get to go outside tomorrow. I don't know what I'll do if we don't!
- Still loving Pinterest. A lot of my Christmas ideas for Lucas have come from there! It's so fun to see what people are interested in at this point in their lives.
- Why is it that a lot of my pins seem to be food???
- Why is it that during naptime (right now in my class) I tend to eat more? I never snack this much at home!
- Contrary to my dear Leslie, I get so much more done on the weekends than I do during the week. I use to get all frustrated and worried about it, until I realized...during the week, we get home around 5p, feed Lucas dinner, we eat dinner and clean up, have a little play time, put Lucas to bed at 7:30p, watch our shows, then we go to bed at 10:30p! There's simply no time! If I want to have a few hours with my husband during the week, cleaning goes to the wayside. I have plenty of time to do all my cleaning on Saturday! As long as we don't leave tons of dishes in the sink and do a little picking up of the living room floor before we go to bed, I'm okay with a few dust specks. What's more important in the longrun???

With that, I'm going to get off here and do a little lesson planning. If we're going to stay inside the rest of the day, I better figure out something exciting to do?! Maybe make some playdough! We haven't done it in awhile. If they're not too nuts, I'll take pictures of the process and post them on here. It's really fun to do with your kids and it smells so good! All you need that you probably don't already have in your pantry is Alum and Kool-Aid!!!

No comments: