Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Love

Wednesday Love: Christmas Break

Since I had a two-week Christmas break, I took a two-week break from blogging too:) But, now I'm back on schedule!!!

I love Christmas break for many reasons. These are some of the main ones.

I love it because I got to spend every minute of every day with my two boys. It was wonderful to plan our days around OUR schedule and not a work schedule. It was nice to eat every meal together. It was nice to lounge in our jammies all day if we wanted:) Which we certainly did on occasion! My moments with these two pass so quickly; it was so nice to not miss out on a single one!



I love it because I was able to see my family for extended periods of time. We got to see our parents, our siblings (except Josh, Jana and baby Colt), our aunts, uncles, and cousins (not all, sadly enough) and spend a good amount of time with them:) We weren't rushed to get from one place to another and we got to laugh with them and introduce some of them to Lucas, which was so much fun!



I love it because I got to see what Christmas is like through a child's eyes! Everytime we would turn the tree lights on; everytime we would get a bell out of his Advent calendar; everytime we would sing a Christmas song; everytime we would read "The Night Before Christmas"; everytime we would read the Nativity story; everytime we would unwrap a gift with him; the look on his face was priceless! I know this will get more and more exciting as the years go on, but it was wonderful! The pure joy and innocence and just him taking it all in was almost too much for this new mommy to handle!!



I love that I got to see my girlfriends (except Erin; missed you!) and eat lunch with them! We got to hear exciting news and share in each other's heartaches too. I love these girls and I'll cherish every lunch I get to spend with them!



I love how I got to treat my home as the haven it is. I was able to keep it clean, keep the laundry done and keep hot meals on the table; without rushing home after school and trying to do it all! We got to organize and rearrange and enjoy our space!



I love that we got to spend a lot of time teaching Lucas. He's getting so big and we don't want to miss out on any milestone! We switched to whole milk; we were there through his first cold; we were there to practice standing and walking; we were there to practice saying words and learn silly hand motions; we were there.



And I love that I have a job that gives me breaks such as these. I love teaching and I love my students, bu it's hard work and it's frustrating at times, and we are rewarded with breaks! That's definitely not my most favorite part of the job, but it sure makes it a lot easier:)

No comments: